WHAT DO YOU TALK ABOUT?

"Wherefore my beloved brethren, let every man be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath. (James 1:19)".

What do you talk about amongst people? I have ever since come to know that people unconsciously commit these 3 sins which are evil speaking, vain speaking and foolish speaking...

Evil speaking is discussing the faults and failures of people even when they are not around. I learnt a lesson in my life of not judging anybody because God sees and knows the real intent of the heart of a man.  Some people don't just think before they start talking.  At some point in my life I was scared of talking... I hated talking..  It got to a point that I was passing notes all because I didn't want to offend anyone with my words. I had communication problems because I didn't know how to harness my words to bless lives since I am a very blunt person. But thank God for Grace. I studied many materials and asked questions on communication. You are what you speak!  You can only afford to give out what is all in you... Cos out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

 At no point in your life should you speak bad of any Christian especially ministers of the Gospel because they are left for God to judge. If at all you are the type that talks,try to control what you say by asking yourself: Is this needful or helpful?  Will it encourage someone or put value in someone's life? Why am I saying this-? to check your motives which ordinarily should be love.

Vain speaking is always speaking of yourself and that's an indicator of pride. It is always using  'I' or 'me','myself'. Do you know it is actually smart to keep quiet and listen to others speak? When your opinion is asked then you can then talk.. If you talk on all you know.. You will end up empty. Instead of the use of 'I' and 'me', try interchanging to 'We' and 'us'. Or better put, avoid as much as possible the use of them.
Practice listening to understand and not to reply back.

Foolish speaking is like jesting or joking that are not convenient or needful. It is important to know that in every relationship there are boundaries that you must respect.. As there are boundaries they are some senseless jokes that ought not to be made. By the way life is too serious to be joking all the time. And cos words are spiritual, you should be mindful of the kind of jokes you make. Your jokes if at all you must joke should be faith-filled and healthy ones.
 Ephesians 5:4 says "Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks".

So my dearly beloved Silence is Golden and that the mature in Christ function in. If at all you like to talk,pray-talk instead of talking off. It is those at the children stage of Christian growth that are talkatives achieving merely nothing.

Use your mouth wisely. Please feel free to leave your comments behind and stay connected with me for more. Comment using a gmail account and to get that kindly sign up at gmail. Com.

Much Love 😘

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK thanks. Let's focus on you and leave the comedians alone. My focus is You for now.

      Delete
    2. OK thanks. Let's focus on you and leave the comedians alone. My focus is You for now.

      Delete
  2. it's so truth!!! I'm very happy to receive this lesson! GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXCELLENCE

THE VALUE FOR TIME

DETERMINATION