THE CHURCH AND YOU

"...for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...(Ephesians 4:12)".

Some translations would say 'perfecting' in place of 'equipping' in the above scripture. Today is Sunday and I would like to encourage us all on the need to go to church. 

Many people don't go to church or stopped going to church because of what someone did to them or maybe cos of the imperfections they see around in church not knowing they are the church themselves. Actually the church is a place of perfection and it is important to have a set purpose for which you go to church.

 When you go to church, you don't go to see any man or to please any pastor. You go to church to see God. You go to church for the word. One time in my life I wanted to change church and a dear friend of mine asked me what exactly is my purpose of going to the church?  And I answered and said the word of God and he encouraged me to keep going. And this is my question to you why do you go to church? Why do you serve in church?  You must have the right motive and understanding... A love driven motive.

More so, going to church is to get you perfected for the work of the ministry. Not saying everyone will become a pastor. No! But you are being perfected as a Christian to be effective in your sphere of influence with the gospel.
And when you come to church, in the gathering of saints, there is a corporate anointing we share that strengthens us all and upholds us.
Hebrews 10:25 encourages us not to forsake the assembly of the saints as we see the day approaching... So dearly beloved, you do yourself and no one else a favor, a privilege by going to church.

Please go to church for the right purpose.. Let the love for God motivate you.

Love you!!

Comments

  1. Thnks for the spiritual food and GOD bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnks for the spiritual food and GOD bless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome piece.keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜
      Thank you ma

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I love this part, "But you are being perfected as a Christian to be effective in your sphere of influence with the gospel" which further buttresses what I often tell young people about Holy Spirit, that the manifestation of Holy Spirit is not stereotyped but highly diversified; what do I mean? The spirit perfects every bit of you to the Glory of God, especially in your own very area or domain.
    Thank you Eunice for the apt piece. I'm fully impressed!

    ...God is working

    ReplyDelete
  5. A timely piece with a clear message. This part resonates with me as to why I attend church:

    "But you are being perfected as a Christian to be effective in your sphere of influence with the gospel."

    More grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am being perfected as a Christian to be effective in your sphere of influence with the gospel. Thank you ma for this wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. more Grace to You ma.......... This message Actually Spoke to me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful!!!!
    May God bless you to do more ma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EXCELLENCE

THE VALUE FOR TIME

DETERMINATION