OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD
"Do not be overcome by evil,but overcome evil with good.(Romans 12:21)".
Each time I remember the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis 37-50, I am always moved to tears cos I can relate personally with it. People go through stuff. I have been through stuff as well...but God was with me through it all.
Joseph's story was one of envy, hatred and maltreatment from his brothers which led them to sell him into slavery...from Joseph's side it was one of tears, forgiveness, letting go, repaying every evil with good,moving on and being a blessing at the end.
I really don't know what's going on in your life at the moment. I don't know how deep you are hurting...I don't know who has hurt you...but I am more concerned of you not them or the circumstances surrounding your hurt.
Lemme tell you a bit about my experiences. It happened in my early years in uni that I was hurt by so many people and I didn't let the hurt go, I was carrying the heavy load of grudge that resulted in me not really talking to any body though naturally I am more of an introvert...I hardly talk...so I didnt even mind not talking to anyone cos I was comfortable,still minding my business.
Actually i felt people should see things from my angle and though I was right I needed to do something to live emotionally and spiritually healthy. The truth to start with is that people always see things from their own perspective,not yours. So never expect anyone to be or reason or think like you.
Accept their differences. I always noticed that when i have an issue with anyone even if I am right and the person was at fault, I was always burdened or I will feel sick..cos its just not compatible with my person of Love.
So in my 3rd year when all these were happening, that was when I met my mother-in-Christ, my destiny helper, a world shaker, my leader, Pst Elsie Nwando. She is still the singular blessing God sent to me..I learnt under her. Guess what she told me to do?
I didnt talk to almost everyone in Church then...She came and told me there was a problem...she taught me to pursue peace at all cost even if you are right and they are wrong. She told me to do something nice for them. So that was how I went out of my way to buy gifts and design them according to their favorite color and their personalities not minding if they valued it or appreciated it or not..until I finished it I didn't see the need...I was just obeying..
It was later I saw,that all of them were talking to me and I related better with them and I began to see healing in my life. Presently, you can't have issues with me except you are called to do so.. I know better. The love of God is at work in me..
So why these stories...it pays to overcome evil with good. Read the later part of Joseph's life...He blessed his brothers,gave them abundance and the best of the lands. He repaid every evil done by them with good. Do you think you do them a favour when you do so? Not really...You are liberating yourself unto success,greater fulfillment and living the higher life.
Come up hither beloved...Live the higher life of love and you will see yourself advancing in life. Let go and let God.
Stay connected with me as usual..you are reading from the right source and you will experience transformations as you go on. Don't forget to leave your comments below and share to your family and friends, being a better blessing.
Much Love😘
Thank u d word I appreciate alot
ReplyDeleteGreat to read your write-ups. This one is good and good.
ReplyDelete