SELFLESS LOVE

Growing up, I got used to the word selfishness in terms of money, allocation of resources, basically anything that involves sharing or that has to do with position. Recently, I got to understand selfishness in the area of relationship. 

Are they possibilities you could be selfish in your relationship? How do you solve that even? Is it a norm? Where does selfishness lead us truly to? 

I would love to refer us back to one of my previous posts; "The principle of needs in relationship". https://doxified.blogspot.com.ng/2017/11/the-principle-of-needs-in-your.html?m=1
In that post, I made mention that it is key for each one of us to be able to identify the basic needs of the opposite gender and major on fulfilling it. This because when issues like quarrel, bitterness, frustration, argument,misunderstanding erupt in your relationship...it is simply a question of selfishness. 


When you focus on meeting the needs of your partner diligently with or without expecting anything in return and you are consistent with it, truth is invariably yours will be met too. 


Some may say, it's not possible. Well, what you believe is what will work for you and what you want is not guaranteed to come like that without you actively doing something. You may say I love to be in an atmosphere of love and peace; but if you or your partner doesn't do anything actively to bring about that atmosphere, don't be surprised to see yourselves warring at some points. 


Lastly, I know relationship is a whole big world on its own. It involves processes of building, learning, teachability, humility, listening enough, gratitude, faithfulness, etc. Infact,its all a pointer to our individual attitudes. It is a great deal for you to work personally on yourself in your relationship to create a more exciting atmosphere for you and your spouse. 

One of the greatest changes I have learnt and I'm still learning to make is learning to look beyond faults and focusing on the good and loving memories of whoever I'm in a relationship with. It takes a whole of sacrifice to overlook an obvious wrong and concentrate on loving and meeting his/her own needs even if yours are not met. Is it worth it? Absolutely yes! You mustn't prove every point; your relationship is not a battle front where there is a victor and victim. You,on your own are a home builder not a home breaker. Make your home the bed of roses you want to lie on and not a bed of thorns that keeps you out of home(mostly in your mind).


Let's take charge of the relationships we have. If you won't diligently do that for him or her; others are as well interested to the point of adding jara on top. Be diligent! Love you guys. Enjoy😘😘😘. Remember to share, like and comment here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXCELLENCE

THE VALUE FOR TIME

DETERMINATION